- CUMO Microfinance Limited is a not-for-profit rural microfinance company providing financial services and entrepreneurship mentoring to over 55,900 clients (82% of whom are women) in over 3,890 groups across 13 districts of Malawi.
Thanks to CUMO, each year over 50,000 rural Malawians are better able to earn a decent living for themselves and their families. They are better protected from unforeseen financial problems due to ill health or poor harvest, they are better skilled in business and marketing techniques and better able to manage their own finances. And this is all thanks to CUMOs unique branchless, cashless system of rural banking, run for and by rural Malawians.
- More Information
- CUMO on a page
- CUMO tenders
- Improving lives with business loans & training, Malawi
- Informal and Non-Formal Rural Financial Services Study
- Micro loans for the rural poor in Malawi
- Small loan unearths hidden talents