- Reporting to: Marketing Team
- Location: CU Office, 21 King Street, Hereford
Concern Universal (CU) is an international development organisation that works to address the causes of poverty in ten countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America by working alongside some of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable communities. Working in partnership with local organisations, Concern Universal supports initiatives in a number of sectors including water and environmental sanitation, food security and sustainable livelihoods, and human rights.
Concern Universal operates a small co-ordinating office in Hereford, England. This office is the administrative and financial centre for all its overseas programmes and it plays a critical supporting role for the nine country offices.
Volunteers have played an increasingly important role alongside paid staff in helping CU achieve its objectives in the last few years. We aim to offer volunteers varied tasks, and genuine appreciation of the valuable roles they perform.
We are looking for a small team of volunteer Press Photographers to help us achieve better coverage of our many varied events. Most of our activities are based around Herefordshire, but we expect to increase our national activity so some national travel could be required.
Previous events include:
• Santa Run (Hereford)
• International Women’s Day Tea (Castle House, Hereford)
• Royal Visit from Princess Anne (Herefordshire)
• House of Lords Awareness Event (London)
Skills and Experience:
- Studying for a BA Photography or similar
- Good knowledge of your own high quality digital camera
- Portfolio/ Examples of past work
- Confident communicator with ability to organise others for best results
- Good interpersonal skills and a friendly and flexible approach to teamwork
- Disciplined, committed and punctual
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Experience in Press Photography
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Knowledge of development issues