Youth Fundraising Volunteer
- Volunteer: Youth Fundraising Volunteer
- Reporting to: James Rogers – Youth Fundraising Coordinator
- Location: home-based, colleges & youth groups and out & about in the community
- Dates: ASAP
Concern Universal (CU) is an international development organisation that works to address the causes of poverty in 9 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America by working alongside some of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable communities. Working in partnership with local organisations, Concern Universal supports initiatives in a number of sectors including water and environmental sanitation, food security and sustainable livelihoods, and human rights.
Concern Universal operates a small co-ordinating office in Hereford, England. This office is the administrative and financial centre for all its overseas programmes and it plays a critical supporting role for the 9 country offices.
Volunteers have played an increasingly important role alongside paid staff in helping CU achieve its objectives in the last few years. We aim to offer volunteers varied tasks, and genuine appreciation of the valuable roles they perform.
We need volunteers to join a team who will help to raise awareness of and funds for Concern Universal’s work.
- Organise and help with youth fundraising events and local campaigns e.g. Cake sale, sponsored sports event, college/youth group fundraising event and collection days.
- Be proactive in devising your own fundraising events, promoting them and running them with supervision.
- Find and attend local events for Concern Universal to fundraise at.
- Promote and sell Give Love Gifts and/or donated goods, particularly Oct-Dec.
- Inspire and engage others to fundraise or volunteer and represent Concern Universal at open events.
- Represent Concern Universal at presentations, thanking local fundraisers.
- Friendly and outgoing, with great people skills.
- Engaging communication skills and an ability to ‘make the ask’.
- Dynamic, motivated and happy to work alone or as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm and understanding of development issues and sustainability.
- Commitment to Concern Universal’s vision and values.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Willingness to commit to a few hours each month.
- Contacts with clubs, local youth groups and student unions;
- Experience of setting up events or fundraising.