- Organising a fundraising activity for Concern Universal will raise money to help us improve the lives of people living in poverty. It will also be of great benefit to you, building your skills, knowledge and experience valued by future employers.
We support and enable young people from Universities, Colleges and Youth Groups to fundraise for Concern Universal.
Organising a fundraising activity for Concern Universal will raise money to help us improve the lives of people living in poverty. It will also be of great benefit to you, building your skills, knowledge and experience- all valued by future employers.
If you are part of a University RAG Society and are interested in fundraising for Concern Universal, we would love to hear from you. We can meet with you to discuss fundraising events/activities and offer advice and resources to help make them a success. Check out our RAG Fundraising Guide
RAIDS: If you would like to take part in a street collection for Concern Universal, please contact us and let us know where and when you would like to do the collection. We can take care of booking the permit and provide you with buckets, branded resources and information about us.
We can work with your college to run fundraising activities, from those as simple as a ‘wear what you like’ (Mufty day) to a ‘battle of the bands’ fundraiser. You may be a group of friends looking to run an event, a college course group or part of the student union. The great thing about fundraising with an International Development charity is the work that we do ties in very neatly with Global Issues, College Enrichment, PSHE, Citizenship, D of E award and other schemes such as the Baccalaureate.
Download our Student Fundraising Guide
Youth Group fundraising
Your youth group can do so much for Concern Universal. Youth clubs, Sports Clubs, Church Groups and many more can get involved in fundraising, organising activities from the very small to those which engage the whole community. We can even come in and talk to all your members about how the money you raise is helping people to help themselves in Asia, Africa and Latin America. See our Youth Fundraising Guide.
There’s a whole range of fundraising activity ideas from the tried and tested to the weird and wonderful, please take a look at our A-Z of ideas for inspiration
Fancy a Challenge?
Why not take on our ‘Go for Gambia’ activity; Get an energetic team together to cycle or row the length of Gambia (311 miles) using static exercise bikes or rowers. You can ask people to sponsor you, we can help you organise this and attend on the day to support.
What’s in it for you?
We appreciate all the hard work and time that young people put into fundraising and want to give as much back as possible:
• Branded resources including sponsorship forms, guidelines, buckets, t-shirts and much more.
• We can personally come and do presentations and talks about our work in some of the poorest communities in the world. This really makes the fundraising all the more worthwhile, as people can see first hand case studies and facts about our work.
• Support for your activity or event and expertise to develop ideas and make them as successful as possible.
• Volunteering opportunities with Concern Universal.
• Press release and photographs on social media, website and regional Press
• Thank you presentation and case study in recognition of your fundraising efforts.
We are here to help
Please contact Youth Fundraiser James Rogers on (01432) 355111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or if you have any questions about fundraising.
- RAG Fundraising Guide (PDF 399 Kb)
- Student Fundraising Guide (PDF 399 Kb)
- A to Z of ideas (PDF 166 Kb)
- Youth Fundraising Guide (PDF 397 Kb)